Thursday 18 February 2016

Famous Nursery Rhyme | I'm a little teapot

  • I'm a little teapot written by Clarence Kelley and Geo. H. Sanders in New York, 1939.
  • Classic nursery rhyme about a little teapot who is ready to pour tea once he starts to steam and shout. 
  • It wasn't until the early 1950's that the song was recorded.
  • Children learn new vocabulary like stout, spout, and handle, and enjoy singing along with this familiar tune.
  • The origins of I'm a Little Teapot came about when Clarence Kelley was teaching children how to do the Waltz Clog, which is a popular tap dance routine.
  • The melody of the song is very upbeat, and the lyrics blend together with rhythmically.
  • I'm a Little Teapot" is a well-known children's nursery rhyme about a boiling pot of tea.Tea time is fun! Watch this video song below.
Lyrics:

I'm a little teapot  
short and stout,
Here is my handle, 
here is my spout,  

When I get all steamed up  
hear me shout,
Tip me over  and
pour me out. 


No comments :

Post a Comment